Hello everyone! Sorry about not posting either Friday or Saturday, when I said I would. This post is going to be a rundown of the past weekend. Thankfully, there’s nothing really to cover today, besides getting Caribou (!), so not a lot to post.
- Got to 3-D print a bunch of stuff! On Thursday and Friday actually. Picture below!
- Not sure what else I did. Didn’t get to go to pottery, mainly because I was really tired.
- Oh right! Volleyball at 7:30. Well, it was kind of volleyball. Sort of.
- I’m way better at that version than at actual volleyball
- Banana pudding! Yum. Was really good. Only problem is it called for 14 bananas, and around 5 were used. I had bought 20 bananas so there would be some left over. Good thing I’d eaten banana ice cream the past two nights. More banana ice cream was in my future.
- Unfortunately I didn’t save the video of Alfredo rapping The Real Slim Shady
- Played more infuriating Uno
- Woke up late
- Made lunch (too late for breakfast haha)
- Called my parents
- Went to the library
- Did a bit of lit review
- Came back for taco night! Helped(?) Alfredo and then made some veggies for my tacos.
- During taco night, we played a pretty cool VR game in which you work in teams to diffuse a bomb. Only the person with the headset can see the bomb, and must describe it to everyone else, who has a manual with instructions on what to do in specific instances (found at www.bombmanual.com). If I buy a VR headset, I’m getting that game.
- Me and Manny and Alfredo got pretty great at it (3 of the four math majors in the group – Emma, come through). Maybe we’ll join the CIA one day and become a bomb squad. Sushi, meanwhile, was heckling and playing the guitar in the background.
- Made my banana ice cream and went to bed.
- Sofia and I went to church! It was the pastor’s last mass, and it was a pretty good service! He sang and danced, and everyone was smiling. Good start to the day.
- Afterward, we made (surprise surprise) banana pancakes! We used 3 bananas, and so I only had 3 more to go. The nightmare was almost over. *Disclaimer: I really like bananas in general. Just not under these circumstances.
- The pancakes were really good! As was the raspberry sauce Sofia made in lieu of syrup. Note to self: raspberries, honey, and a bit of almond milk is a winning combination.
- Afterwards, we had a group meeting at the VRAC. Kept it to 2.5 hours, which was good! We had a lot to do and we got a lot done. Our Powerpoint for Wednesday is mostly complete, but I’m gonna work a bit on the Methods slide today. We also finished our application for the symposium, which included the most important piece: the title. We present Integrating Traffic Incident Management Interfaces. On the Powerpoint I tried to make an acronym (InTIMe) but, for good reason, got shot down.
- We saw a cool poster session when we were leaving, so we explored a bit and talked to a team that was making energy efficient houses and mobile labs. Pretty cool, I know
- After that, I made dinner and then Sofia and I worked on our Major Course Activity presentation (3-D Printing is making one together).
- Then it was off to bed for a (somewhat) early night.
I would apologize for the word count, but I kinda liked writing this post so I’ll just say thank you to the people who read this far!
Also, fun fact: this post took an hour to write. Guess that’s what happens when you write to much and are writing about three days.
With that I will end my post for today and work on our group’s presentation.
Until next time,