Instructors: Kaitlyn Ouverson and Jamiahus Walton
- HCI Scavenger Hunt!
- Find 2 “interfaces” in the area
- Capture (image or screenshot)
- if the interface is nearby (West of the Quad [has a campanile] + Gilman Hall/Office and Lab/Physics Hall) we will take a quick tour at the beginning of the next class
- Come prepared to discuss 7/7!
- (1.5.) HCI Technique Practice
- As a team, create an HTA, a KLM, or an Affinity Diagram (examples in slides and below)
- Each team member writes a blog post “HCI Project Analysis” with an image of the product and a description of how you, as a member of the team, worked on it.
- Post to blog by 6/26!
Students will be able to:
- Describe HCI: What is it? Why is it important? How can it be used?
- Describe how HCI builds on Psych and other fields’ principles
- Discuss current HCI research
- Implement HCI practices in their own projects
Presentations found here
(let me know if you can’t access them)
Following are images of our affinity diagram (minus headings)!
Below are the Hierarchical Task Analyses!