Instructors: Kaitlyn Ouverson and Jamiahus Walton
- HCI Scavenger Hunt!
- Find 2 “interfaces” in the area
- Capture (image or screenshot)
- if the interface is nearby (West of the Quad [has a campanile] + Gilman Hall/Office and Lab/Physics Hall) we will take a quick tour at the beginning of the next class
- Come prepared to discuss 7/7!
- (1.5.) HCI Technique Practice
- As a team, create an HTA, a KLM, or an Affinity Diagram (examples in slides and below)
- Each team member writes a blog post “HCI Project Analysis” with an image of the product and a description of how you, as a member of the team, worked on it.
- Post to blog by 6/26!
Students will be able to:
- Describe HCI: What is it? Why is it important? How can it be used?
- Describe how HCI builds on Psych and other fields’ principles
- Discuss current HCI research
- Implement HCI practices in their own projects
(UPDATED; let me know if you can’t access them)
Following are images of our affinity diagram (minus headings)!
Below are the Hierarchical Task Analyses!