Didn’t get to post yesterday, oops! TIMELI was too busy exploring the TMC and learning cool stuff (not to brag or anything!).
Anyway, a lot has happened in the past 48 hours. To give a (hopefully) quick rundown:
- Sofia and I killed it in the VRAC after hours doing Solidworks tutorials
- We also killed it on the climbing wall, getting to the top three times
- Solidworks class continued to be interesting, I made a candlestick (no, Jack, not a bong) and we got to try our hands at assembling a contraption 3-D printed by Alex
- Sofia, Chris, and I went to the TMC during blog time yesterday to take a look at how the traffic incident managers operate on a day-to-day basis. It helped us a lot with understanding and being able to visualize their duties. On the way back we started stalking people via the White Pages.
- Emma made wonderful tomato stew, corn, and rice. She also made chicken, which I assume was wonderful as well.
- Devi, Emma, Brittney, Sofia, Masashi, Austin, Emmanuel, Alfredo and I played a pretty great game (or games) of Fibbage. My aliases included Fun Fact, But Actually, Hecks Yeah and Maya.
- Masashi found his fidget spinner
- During this time we tried to make ice cream, but it was a tad unsuccessful. Austin, Emma, Masashi, Alfredo and I therefore went out after midnight to get some ice cream from Wal-Mart. We then went back to out rooms, and I don’t know about the rest of them but Emma and I ended up not eating any that night.
- Also, during this time, I tried to balance ranch on top of my ice cream while carrying my groceries. It didn’t work out too well. On the upside, I was a good citizen and reported it (although did I pay for it? Nope).
- Sofia, Brittney, Masashi, Emmanuel, Alfredo, Chris, Natalie, and I went to the farmers’ market today. It was really cool, and awesome pictures were taken despite the weather!
- Sofia, Masashi, Emmanuel, Alfredo, Natalie and I decided to go back out to Wal-Mart to get a few (?) more things. Masashi then proposed using the grill tonight, so our already extensive list of groceries grew a little bit. Needless to say, the bus ride back was a bit difficult, as was getting to the bus stop. We had a couple of bag tears, many of which occurred while we were crossing the road (perfect timing, I know).
- Emma and I decided to go to the VRAC to get some work done, and then promptly went outside, saw that it was raining, and went back in. We’ll go tomorrow!
- Speaking of the rain, hoping it clears up for tonight. None of us checked the weather before deciding to grill tonight, so we’ll see!
That’s about it for today’s post! Currently I’m sitting on the couch in our apartment, about to look at research articles or maybe practice C++ or Solidworks! Or maybe just eat, who knows?
Hope that everyone has a sensational Saturday!
Cool pics from the farmers’ market
Not even close to all the groceries we came back with