So, as promised on my post yesterday, I am going to post a pros and cons list of recent events, or as I’m going to call it, a pros and corns list. I might do one of these every couple weeks, as I feel like it’s a nice summary. Plus, of course, it’s quick.
So, without further ado…
- I have a tan! A bit, anyway. Not quite as pale as in the group photo
- The sunsets are really pretty here when there’s clouds in the sky
- Most of the time, it’s not all that humid here (thus far anyway).
- Bubble tea!!!
- Corn shirts
- The campus itself is really pretty
- My bike has not yet broken or been stolen
- The art on campus and in Main Street
- Cy is a pretty cool mascot
- Getting the hang of Maya
- Actually really liking Solidworks
- C++ is fun to learn
- The people are pretty cool, I guess
- Getting lost leads to adventures in pretty fields
- Lots of photo ops!
- Not too crowded
- People are pretty friendly
- Caribou Coffee
- Lots of room for exploration on campus
- I’m getting better at asking questions
- My family is reading my blog!
- The tan in question is a farmer’s tan (fitting, I suppose)
- LOTS of construction
- The bubble tea place has been out of honey pearls for awhile (although according to Angelica, the yogurt boba are good)
- Feeling super behind on research, despite reading papers as often as possible
- Low energy after the workday
- Corn shirts and bubble tea are expensive
- Buying groceries
- The heat
- The humidity of the past couple days
- We still don’t know how to play Secret Hitler
- Still haven’t explored all of campus
- Everything here closes at 9 or 10 (throwing it back to Frederick in that sense)
- Unfamiliar territory
That last one’s just a catch-all, referring to location, research, and environment all in one. It’s becoming more familiar, though, and has also led to a lot of cool discoveries and adventures. So, in a way, it’s a good thing as well!
So yeah, a pretty solid list. Not too many “corns”, and most of them are pretty minor (also, I had to kind of hunt for them, as you can probably tell). In general, I’ve really enjoyed my first two full weeks here and hope that the enjoyment continues!
Oops. This was actually a pretty long post. It has some nice text and pictures, though, so hopefully it’s not too bad to read!
With that, I will bid farewell for today, and get back to – dun dun dun – lit review!
Hope you all have a thrilling Thursday,