July 25th: I can’t remember what I did this day. Probably worked on the poster and paper.
July 26th: Tom accepted our poster, which is a relief since it’s been a somewhat horrible task to complete. That only leaves getting the research paper written, and then the Drone group will be finished with this project. I’m simultaneously pleased and disappointed when I think of what we’ve managed to get done this summer: I burned so much time trying to crack the drones, and I barely made progress on that front. That being said, the last couple of weeks have been concentrated with actual work (The late night at the sheriff’s will be one of my fondest memories for this summer). I do think I have a better grasp of the research process, and I could see myself working in academia (although my future continues to be up in the air). I’m sure I’ve learned skills for collaboration and the benefits of relying on my fellow teammates.
Outside of research, yesterday, Stephan, Inshira and I played badminton (yet again) and basketball. It was a rough time, but I did throw a 3-pointer- a small kind of an accomplishment.