Last Saturday, we went to the Sheriff’s office to gain the measurements for the layout of the building.
When we went there Dr. Stone gave us a quick tour of the sheriff’s office where we saw the interview rooms, photo room and many closed doors to where we weren’t allowed. After the tour we got junior deputy stickers 🙂
Once we got the measurements we attempted to make the drone run through the rooms with the Go programming, however the test runs did not go as planned. First, we had issues with accurately programming the drone to move precisely and if the code was not precise, the drone would hit the walls or something more important. Another issue was that the every changing variables of the police office could alter the changes we have for the code.
Due to these changing issues we decided to pre-record the drone film with the use of the phone app to make a similar and efficient way of running the experiment. I the next time we go to the station we will be flying the drones with the phone to get the the video like we would of gotten the live stream from the code.