Today’s (Weekend) Rating: 7
I have realized why the part I printed was smaller than anticipated. The channel I had created was of an octagon shape. When I typed in the measurements for how large I wanted the octagon to be, I failed to realize that it was measuring the center to a point and not the center to an edge. Then, since I based all my other measurements off of the octagon, everything was 2/3mm too small. All I have to do to fix this however, is simply scale the part and print again.
The weekend was pleasant. I began teaching another intern to cook and plan meals ahead. We made some awesome sandwiches on Saturday. Unfortunately, to get the ingredients we had to brave the heavy rainstorm which left me quite damp. I had a waterproof jacket on, sandals, and my hair dried quickly; so the only noticeable discomfort were my soaked pants. Would do it again though.
Today I think I will be working mostly in SolidWorks making new parts. To use the fancy printer in the basement we apparently should print several things at one time. So after scaling up the old part, I want to follow up on Dr. Gomes’ request use the original design, but have it broken into easily cleanable pieces that lock together. Lastly I have my own request, if I am so lucky to get it accepted.
We hope you’ll tune in next time,