- Aim to stop working with at least one task incomplete and with a good understanding of the work to be done next. When you come back in the morning or from the meeting or whatever prompted the break from work it will be easier to start up again. I hypothesize this works by facilitating entering the state of flow.
- Take on more work than you can handle. That way:
- To work on lower priority work will feel like a break from more pressing and higher priority work
- In a similar vein you will always have something to do
- That-which-is-important-to-you will manifest itself as an emergent phenomenon of your choices regarding where to allocate your efforts and what you are willing to triage
- Listen to Super Deep Brown Noise
- Mix that with Brown Noise
This is how I like to mix them:
Those are all the strats I can share.