Coding

We’re learning to code this week. Coding is very difficult to me and it doesn’t come naturally. I’ve tried to learn how to code before, with very limited success. Every method I’ve tried feels a bit like being dropped into the deep end and being asked to swim. I usually drown in such situations, but I’m trying to look at is as if it is a rogue-like game. A rogue-like game (a term I only became aware of because it is the very type of game my team is working on) is a game in which you have to fail in order to succeed, and in which each failure builds upon the previous ones and makes you stronger. Learning to knit was this way for me. I had to start over about a million times before I finally made my first piece (an only semi-functional potholder) Coding might be a rogue-like process for me. and the good news is this: I have already created my very first successful program today without help. It’s not a very interesting program, but it works, and that’s good enough. It converts degrees Celsius into Fahrenheit. Below is a picture. It’s messy, and only half functional, but so was the potholder. anyway, that’s all. Better get back to it!

One Reply to “Coding”