Reflection 5

Hey there! So far, my time in Iowa has been nice. I got to go the farmers market in Des Moines. It was kind of my second time ever going to a farmers’ market, but I had a blast. It felt good to get out and walk around even though it was hot, I think getting to look at all the foods the vendors had helped make it more enjoyable. And let me tell you the food was just what I needed. There was this Carribean and west African stall that had the most mouthwatering jerk chicken and jollof rice. It tasted like a slice of home. I hope within my time, I can take advantage of time a maybe even try to learn how to cook jerk chicken by myself.

Speaking of Des Moines, I feel like I’m starting to get the hang of Iowa life. it’s pretty cool, you know. I actually took the bus to Walmart, which is a big deal to me because I usually have a terrible sense of direction and end up getting lost . But hey, the more I explore, the more places are starting to look familiar, and that’s a huge help.

Now, here’s something interesting about what I have been learning: I had no clue about SolidWorks until pretty recently. It’s fascinating how I can see its potential in relation to my aspirations of possibly becoming a hardware engineer.

Oh, and for my research group we were given a task to test out a bunch of VR headsets for our research project. It was so fun to get to play games while using the headsets. I am really starting to see how VR can open up many possibilities. I feel like the future of it is going to be really good, and I can’t wait to see how it can progress and become better.

Another thing that has been on my mind lately is Blender. I am so excited to use it. I was looking at all the cool projects people have built using it from animations to VFX. I am so curious to see how all the cool projects were made using it, I actually just downloaded it on my laptop so I am going to start practicing and learning how to use it with the time I have this summer but so far it has been one thing I am really trying to learn.

So yeah, that’s how my weekend and my week has been thus far, but I can’t wait to get deeper into research and learn the new applications we will use.

2 Replies to “Reflection 5”