This is Only The Beginning

Because it’s only Monday I don’t have a ton to say about this week yet, but the weekend was pretty fun! On Saturday we all went hiking at the Ledges, and then afterwards I got to go to my Grandpa’s birthday party which was pretty fun. I had a tough time explaining to my family exactly what I’m doing this summer. I guess I would get used to that, because most of the time when I mention my internship or future career goals, I get a lot of blank expressions in response. After that, the rest of my Saturday was relatively calm. In fact, I did nothing and it was amazing.

On Sunday, after church, my husband, dad, step-mom, three of my siblings and I all got together to take family portraits. We decided to take them here in Ames, as that was most convenient. Since my brother went to Iowa and we’ve been Hawkeye fans our whole life, my dad had us take some of our pictures in Hawkeye jerseys. we got a lot of less than friendly. After pictures, we went out to dinner and wished Dad a happy Father’s Day.

Today we stared a new course in Unity. It’s complex, but so far pretty fun. Unity is the engine we’ll be making our game with so, it’s good that we are learning how to use it. Anyway, that’s basically all. Hopefully this week is as productive as last!

My family taking pictures under the campanile in our Hawkeye Jerseys (kids faces were removed for privacy, not because they’re disliked or something lol)

One Reply to “This is Only The Beginning”

1. Until my kids were 16, we called them Thing 1 and Thing 2 on social media. Our friends/family took the hint and did that too, sometimes in person also.