Other fun activities

Because of the storm early in the morning, we had decided to go to a library rather than the farmer’s market in Ames. It was fun to just walk through all the aisles and look at the book covers. I kept seeing a bunch of romantic and mystery books until I came across one fantasy novel that interested me. It reminded me of Narnia because of how the main character was dealing with a personal problem before being transported to a magical world with centaurs and unicorns where she is destined to be the hero of a war. After finding a chair and a table, I began to read through half of the book, and I got so invested that I somehow got sucked into the literary world and couldn’t be found when it was time to leave (I’m sorry if I caused any worry). 

Besides the library, we had a movie night at the JB Conference Room where we watched Coco. Every time I think about the movie, I’m reminded of when I was sitting in the living room of my great grandparents house in Peru playing a card game with my cousins before my grandmother and all her siblings came back home from watching Coco. I find it funny looking back because it was so obvious that they had all cried at the movie theater. Even after watching it at least six times, I was still on the verge of tears in the conference room. It is definitely a movie alongside Toy Story and The Incredibles from which I will never get bored from watching again and again. 

My favorite activity that we had done so far was going to Emma McCarthy Lee Park. I rode my bike alongside Curtis and Ayman to get there. At one point, we went through a hiking trail, and I’m still surprised I somehow managed to not crash due to my bike skidding along the dirt a couple of times. I felt like one of those bike racers on tv. Once there, we met with the rest, and Amy had brought her frisbee to play with. I think the last time I played with a frisbee was in elementary school, so I was kind of lost in how to throw and catch it, but I think I managed to adapt and learn somewhat quickly. Because there was a net, Curtis then suggested playing a game of volleyball but with the frisbee acting as the volleyball instead. I had no clue what he meant at first, but I understood it after one round. I was having way too much fun that I felt sad when it was time to head back home. I’m not very active nor do I know how to play any sport as I’m still too scared to be placed in that scenario, but I appreciate the time I spent here as another moment when I was able to fulfill one of my desires.